Number of persons consulted (disaggregated by sex/age) before designing a program/project [alternatively: while implementing the program/project]
Participation in design of assessments, programmes, evaluations etc, means that a selected segment(s) of the affected populaiton have a direct influence on decision making. Measures should be taken to ensure the participation of members of all groups of affected people – young and old, men and women. Special efforts should be made to include people who are not well represented, are marginalised (e.g. by ethnicity or religion) or otherwise ‘invisible’ (e.g. housebound or in an institution). The participation of youth and children should be promoted so far as it is in their own best interest and measures taken to ensure that they are not exposed to abuse or harm. (Sphere Core Standard 1, Guidance Note 3)
- # of focus group discussions organized with affected girls, women, boys and men that have been used to influence decisions made on design of assessments, programmes, standards, selection criteria, etc.
- % of female and % of male parents actively participating in the conception and implementation of M&E of education in emergencies services.
• Agency has a verifiable record of how communities (or their representatives) are demonstrably involved and influential in decision-making, implementation and judgement of impact throughout the lifetime of a project.
• Agency has mechanisms in place to monitor and evaluate outcomes and impact and these are reported against (incl. to affected communities).
• Cluster has a verifiable record of how it identified interest groups in the affected communities, and the power relationships that exist.